A new publication in Mobilizing the Past › Measure Twice, Cut Once: Cooperative Deployment of a Generalized, Archaeology Specific Field Data Collection System
Case studies from the FAIMS Project Read More ›
Passing on the internet wisdom › When are we going to be done with FAIMS?
The sisyphean task of every open source project Read More ›
DIY approach › Brown University archaeologists create an artifact recording module using FAIMS Mobile
Team of undergraduate students deploy their own FAIMS module Read More ›
FAIMS in field, vol. 1 › FAIMS in action: Excavation of the Bleichert's Ropeway in the Blue Mountains, NSW
Documenting a unique historic site Read More ›
FAIMS team off to Canberra › FAIMS is delving deeper into innovation space
We're joining CSIRO - powered ON Prime programme Read More ›
From 2016 to Ancient Mesopotamia › A different sort of tablet
We're also having fun with 3d scanning Read More ›
We are joining forces with tDAR › The FAIMS Repository is moving to a new home
With our repositories combined... Read More ›
Welcome to the office at W6A 510 Macquarie University › The team behind FAIMS
Come meet the FAIMS team... Read More ›
More on the Minecraft Pedagogy › Why Minecraft and Archaeology?
Some discussion on my plans for minecraft Read More ›
Some other projects we're working on › Minecrafting a Çatalhöyük Dwelling
A proof of concept for a archaeological pedagogy with minecraft Read More ›
2016 devices offer great technical specs for every budget. › Looking for a new device? Check out the latest models!
We have been testing FAIMS on 2016 tablets and have been pleasantly surprised. Read More ›
Some of the infrastructure › A discussion of the technology which makes this blog possible
Why we moved away from PHP and wordpress and on to static site generation. Read More ›
FAIMS is on for another year! › FAIMS project received a NSW RAAP award
We will be deploying the FAIMS Mobile platform in NSW community science and heritage projects Read More ›
Exploring the decisions behind FAIMS architecture › Choosing the right mobile application platform; Android, iOS, or cross-platform?
We at FAIMS team get often asked:'Why Android? Is this due to some ideological attachment to Google?' Not quite. Our reasons were more complex and much more practical than that. Read More ›
Discussion on Digital Archaeology Commons › FAIMS is not a walled garden: A Response to Ben
What exactly is FAIMS Mobile and where it stands among digital data capture tools? FAIMS is responding to a recent post on DAC Read More ›
- Adela Says Hi
Editing... from github
I'm seeing if the webhook thingo works... Read More ›
New Site, now powered by Jekyll › A new name, a new site!
We've moved from wordpress onto Jekyll... and we're announcing a different unpacking for the FAIMS acronym! Read More ›
- Find us at the SAA!
- A quick survey on data sharing
- New News! FAIMS at MQ! FAIMS in a truck! FAIMS in podcasts...
- Tune in to Mobilizing the Past for a Digital Future: the Potential of Digital Archaeology
- Need help with last minute grant applications?
- Pardon our dust...
- FAIMS Mentioned in Intersect Monthly Newsletter
- ARIADNE project surveys European archaeologists,
- Tales of new development
- FAIMS@UQ Workshop, Day 1 Part 2
- Watch the FAIMS Workshop at UQ Tomorrow!
- Emergency wiki downtime ahead
- More Awesomeness
- Having a scale output weight over bluetooth...
- And we're back up.
- FAIMS Infrastructure downtime approaching
- A box, a box, a mysterious box...
- New SSL Certificates for fedarch.org
- Call for Repository Testers
- Announcing some support infrastructure!
- A really big shout out to Floobits
- Downtime ahead: we're working on automated backups
- Are you applying for ARC Discovery or Linkage grant this year?
- Starting the new year...
- An early Christmas present has arrived...
- Watch the launching of the DINAA project!
- AAA2013 Complexities of Scale - Scale and Granularity in Archaeological Data Management
- Hands-on Workshop at AAA in Coff's Harbour!
- FAIMS LIVES! Muahahahaha!
- Device recommendations for the FAIMS Mobile Application
- On the Culture of Intertia...
- What does a 23 thousand bigram word cloud look like? An honours thesis.
- FAIMS is going to THATcamp Sydney!
- Remote Sensing the environs of Zagora, Greece
- Some word rock art for your afternoon.
- A review of the FAIMS Beta!
- Another domain.
- Securing the Site
- On a "new" server!
- Preparing to post on Google Play
- FAIMS partner in the White House
- Rendering Random Rasters - Do It Yourself
- The cascading failures of autocompletion
- A little bit of turbulence...
- Pictures of a New Office
- Core Concepts in Archaeology - What is your opinion?
- Another successful acceptance test!
- Melbourne workshop
- A lovely walk around the harbour
- Can I have your data?
- Want to be an armchair archaeologist?
- E-mail Syndication
- For our more Technical Readers... links to our code
- CSV parsing: a question to our community
- Instituting some Strong Security
- Pushing Open Source Android
- Colour, colour everywhere and not a drop to see...
- FAIMS at SAA Hawaii - drop by!
- Some fun mod_rewriting
- FAIMS at CAA - Have Your Say!
- CAA Hands-On Workshop Today!
- Learning opportunity in Cultural Heritage informatics
- Almost done.....
- FAIMS Tech Demo #2 is up, GPS, GIS, and Bluetooth!
- Come join us at CAA next week!
- We are testing new prototypes
- Screenshots Galore of testing tests for testing...
- Data Exchange Summit
- FAIMS in a new office - ready for visitors!
- Some light SQL to finish your day.
- What you may not know about a LIEF grant application
- We have a video! And a channel!
- And now we're talking to a totalstation...
- FAIMS at Google SUDO
- When certainty is not certain...
- First internal prototype
- On a roll, a sample screenshot from our app!
- Some pictures from Jordan
- Curious about what's coming in the new year?
- A Postcard for FAIMS
- First Sprint Demo
- Excavation mock-up
- Stakeholder CatchUp alias Reflections on AAA
- At the AAA Conference
- At the NeCTAR Conference
- Lets get inspired
- Current Database Thoughts
- NEW: FAIMS Workshop audio files
- Responding To Comments
- We've moved servers and we're almost through elaboration...
- We've Moved Servers
- Workshop Proceedings
- Climbing the Tower of Babel
- Requirements Generation is Fun
- A Stranger in a Strange Land
- Keynote: Capacity Building in (Digital) Archaeology
- Analysis, Processing, and Visualization
- Sustainability Strategies
- Sensitive Data
- Opportunities and Issues of Data Federation
- Archaeological Data and Data Standards
- Online Repositories
- Mobile Applications
- FAIMS profile in ComputerWorld
- Time Tracking Survey
- FAIMS Workshop Evaluation
- Thanks to Workshop Participants
- Updated Workshop schedule released
- Brief segment with Shawn Ross on the ABC's "Future Tense"
- FAIMS featured in The Australian
- Digital Data Survey
- UNSW Press Release
- FAIMS on NeCTAR Webpage
- Workshop Registration goes live
- Our Mendeley Group: Mobile Device Applications in Archaeology
- The University of New South Wales
- Site goes live